Kelli, from Eat Pray Read Love tagged me in this fun About Me post.
She's asked some questions, and is waiting for my answers. So here they are!
#1 - What is your favorite book ever?
- This is always a hard question for me. I LOVE to read, and picking just one, is pretty hard. I think two of the greatest books you can ever read are The Book of Mormon and The Bible.
- Fictional though, I would choose The Giver. It was the first dysopian style book I ever read, and I LOVED it. The whole concept behind this "perfect" world, and learning the truth and then acting on that truth just had me riveted. The Hunger Games Trilogy (so excited for the movie!) falls under this same dystopian theme, and the series has become another one of my all time favorites!
#2 - Do you greet the day or wish for a few more hours of sleep?
- ummm, both? It really depends on how early I went to bed, whether any kids got up during the night, and how comfortable baby in the tummy let me sleep. Generally I love mornings. I smile as I hear the birds singing, and see the sun shining through the windows. But somedays, what I wouldn't give for just a few more minutes of shut eye.
#3 - What color would you really want to paint your living room? Or, if you love your living room color, what color is it?
- I don't mind the color we have. I don't know how to describe it really, it's an off white, tanish, cream color. We're painting our family room white though, and I have to say, I don't want it white. But for now, it's going to have to suffice. Really I just want that room livable again, lol!
#4 - What is your favorite kind of shampoo/conditioner?
- The kind on sale (does that help Kelli?). Lately it's been Sauve - I stock up whenever I find them under $1.
#5 - What is your favorite etsy shop, and does she (or he!) sell?
- I don't visit etsy as frequently as I used to :( Sad I know, but I had to stop my dreaming of wanting things I could not afford. A few that I still connect with on facebook though are
- Saressa Designs. She hand makes some beautiful jewelery (and I am lucky enough to own a necklace from her!)
- Arnoldgirls. I met her online through another social networking site, and just love her so much! She makes some really awesome paper crafts!
#6 - Have you met any of your blogger friends in real life that you didn't previously know?
- Sadly, no :( Amber, over at Quilted Euphoria, lives pretty near my parents, we just haven't been able to meet up yet. I'm hoping to make it to a blog conference next year though, and meet lots of you!
#7 - What is one social issue that gets you revved up?
- Education. All aspects. I'll try not to get into it.....oh who am I kidding, you brought it up Kelli! Teachers are not responsible for your kids! Be the parent! Teach your kid right from wrong, and when they screw up, don't blame schools and the teachers! The majority of teachers are not in it for the money! Because unless they've been teaching for a long time, and live in a real ritzy area, teachers make less per hour than you pay a babysitter to watch your sleeping kids......ok I'm stopping now. It's a hot button for me.
#8 - What is your absolute favorite meal ever?
- Easy - Chicken Cordon Bleu. Nothing beats mixing chicken, swiss, ham and a good sauce!
#9 - What is your least favorite chore?
- Bathrooms! Oh I despise having to clean the bathrooms.
#10 - What is your favorite season and why?
- Spring and fall. I really find them both similar. Spring the birds are back bringing sunshine to the mornings. The flowers are blooming, and it's time to let in the fresh air again. Fall, the leaves colors are changing, the weather is not too hot or too cold, and it's time to do some canning.
#11 - Do you prefer to be indoors or out?
- Oh out definitely! Fresh air just lightens the soul, and makes the whole day better!
How fun is that?! Now you know more about me! I'd love to see some of your answers to these questions. Leave a comment, or write up a post!