If you recall my new years “resolutions” from this post, goals number 3 had to do with living a healthier lifestyle. I was honestly had not yet started to do anything about it. Then last week I came across this fitness challenge over at Fun on a Dime. Alright! What better way to motivate than some prizes, and good friends!! We’ve just finished week 1 and I’m thinking 8 weeks is looking awfully long. (It’s not too late if you’d like to join in the fun!)
Let’s take a look at how I did this last week:
1. Drinking 64 oz of water daily – I’m definitely drinking more water than I used to. It took until the last two days though to get to 64 oz. That is ai lot of water!! Having a purified water faucet next to our regular kitchen faucet has helped immensely though. It’s so fun getting a glass of water from this little spigot.
2. Exercise 30+ minutes – good! Of course moving into a house has helped. I rarely have had 5 minutes to just sit down.
3. No sugar – NOT GOOD. I didn’t realize just how much sugar I was eating, or how much I like it. The hubs has been relentless in not allowing me to have any. I’m very thankful for his support, I would’ve lost this one every week if it wasn’t for him.
4. 6+ hours of sleep every night – when I read this one, I laughed. I knew I was never going to get that much sleep. I’e got a 4, 3 and almost 1 year old! Well what do you know, when I started keeping track I found I get approximately 6hours of sleep every night. That knowledge alone has given me more energy and spark.
5. No eating after 8pm – no problem. I was already trying to do this anyways. If it’s after 8 I grab a glass of water. Very refreshing way to go to bed.