I have been looking forward to today for quite some time now. We’ve had Thanksgiving and followed it up with Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday.
Today marks the first and hopefully annual Giving Tuesday. Today we encourage you to get involved and give back. No matter how small, there is something you can do today to give to someone else.
Here are some ideas to get you started
- Take your neighbor some home made goodies. Stay and chat.
- Offer to pick up an elderly’s groceries.
- Help a mom – hold open the door, push her groceries to her cart, smile at her kids, compliment her mothering.
- Donate to your favorite charity
- Pick an angel to help this Christmas
If you have kids, encourage them to give as well. I find leading by example is the best though. If you are giving, they will want to give too. Enjoy the good feelings you will get as you serve your fellow humans.