We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
First was a stop at Walmart to pick up everything we needed – namely Pennzoil Platinum Full synthetic motor oil! Along with the new oil we also grabbed an oil catcher, oil filter, and air filter. According to Mark the air filter should be changed with every other oil filter.
“this makes me really anxious being under the car”
“Good. It should!”
- I totally got this!
- Ahh! The wind picked up! note to self and everyone else – don’t do it on a windy day!
- There goes the oil! My hand’s dripping, probably should hold that over the pan until I get a rag.
- Make sure you get the old rubber washer off with the old filter. You don’t want it doubled up!
- Rub oil on the new filter’s washer before replacing.
- Screw new filter on just hand tight.
- Make sure you’re screwing it on straight and not crossing threads.