We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Make dinner easy and delicious with this recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken Skillet. A cilantro lime sauce covers these chicken thighs, yellow beets, and rice all in one skillet to make dinner clean up a breeze.
Every Monday night we like to cook up a skillet meal. It means few dishes and great tasting food. After getting a couple bunches of Cilantro in our produce box last week, the idea of Cilantro Lime Chicken kept coming to mind. I’m sure it’s a recipe I’ve seen somewhere else, but I completely made this my own.
I honestly didn’t know yellow beets existed before this weeks produce delivery. I’ve still got a purple one in the fridge to use, but now that I’ve tried the yellow, I know the purple is going to be great. Never did I think I would enjoy those weird looking veggies my mom always loved. Turned out she was onto something and I was the one missing out.
I was actually blown away but how flavorful this skillet was. I find most skillet meals help combine flavors while still making it easy to taste each component, but this one just blew the rest out of the park. I’ve actually cut the lime juice down quite a bit here, even though I used a lot more when I actually made it. That was the only adjustment we all agreed on….too much lime flavor.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Skillet
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1 yellow beet, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 shallot chopped
- 3 Mushrooms sliced
- 1 baby yellow sweet pepper
- 2 crystallized ginger pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white rice
- Begin cooking chicken in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- In your blender or food processor combine pepper, ginger, garlic, lime juice and vinegar. Process until smooth. Add the cilantro, and again blend until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil until well combined.
- Add mushrooms, beets and shallot to chicken pan. Saute.
- Pour the cilantro lime dressing over the chicken and vegetables. Add rice. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and rice is done.