We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
I got this crazy idea to try and recreate a sweet potato and pecan pie as a healthier side dish for our Sunday Pork Roast. I’m kind of new to using sweet potatoes still, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.
It actually just started as roasted sweet potatoes, but as I started cutting the sweet potato up, I thought I didn’t really want to turn on the oven. That was followed by trying to decide what spices to use. When I tossed in cinnamon and sugar, that’s when the idea of pie popped into my head. So I hit the cupboard and found my bag of chopped pecans. It all came together so nicely.
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 1 TBS Butter
- 1 TBS and 1 tsp Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 2-3 TBS chopped Pecans
- Peel and chop the Sweet Potato.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter, and add the sweet potatoes.
- Fry for about 5 minutes, and add the cinnamon sugar mixture and pecans.
- Fry for another 5-10 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through, and slightly browned.
- Serve warm.