We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Hey everyone! Earth Day is this Friday! What are you going to do? Do you have any fun plans to celebrate this beautiful planet we live on? Here’s some simple ideas from me –
1. Plant a garden! This is what we’re doing this week. I spent this morning putting in some lettuce, potatoes, and asparagus. Later today or tomorrow, we’re putting in a blueberry bush, some carrots and peas. A garden is a great way to teach your children about the earth and it’s benefit to our physical bodies.
2. Take a walk through a park. Admire and enjoy the beauty around you. Listen to the birds. There is nothing like a walk through some beautiful scenery with birds chirping in the background. It’s nature’s music.
3. Plant a tree. Our city is having a story time for preschool age kids, followed by helping them all plant a tree! As long as the weather holds up, we’ll be joining in this fun activity!
4. Recycle. Don’t just throw it in the garbage. Gather up all your recyclables and take it to your local recycling center.
5. If weather doesn’t permit you to be outside enjoying this earth, head to the theaters to watch African Cats, Disney’s newest earth day movie. A portion of your ticket purchase (opening week only) will be donated to the African Wildlife Foundation!