We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias Inc and its advertiser #FamilyFavorites. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s Friday, and that means Pizza Night around here. You all know how sick of regular old pizza I get though, right? I know you do because I keep sharing ways to change it up with you. We made our own Calzones earlier this week. The kids were skeptic of this “Pizza in a sandwich” idea I presented, but after only one night this has been added to our list of family favorites.
Speaking of family favorites, we picked up Heinz Classico Family Favorites line from Walmart to create these Calzones because I knew there would be a favorite for everyone in the family. Princess C was especially happy to find her Traditional Sauce.
The majority of the family however prefers the meat sauce. Princess V especially loves her meat and meat sauce. After spreading the sauce around (oops, don’t spread your sauce!), she just had to stick her fingers in it for a little more taste.
I love having the kids in the kitchen with me, but sometimes I make really complicated meals, and it’s just too hard to have them underfoot. The calzones are so incredibly easy though the kids had a blast, and we didn’t spill any sauce on the table! Which is impressive with Princess R and her “I can do it myself” attitude.
Hey now, just because I said we didn’t spill sauce doesn’t mean we didn’t spill anything else. Cheese was pretty much flying around the room. Are you ready to add these to your family favorites?
Let everyone stuff their own Calzones with their favorite sauces
Write a review
- Classico Family Favorites Sauce
- Crescent Roll dough
- Shredded Cheese - we used a mix of Mexican blend and Italian blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Leave the dough in a roll, and split it into fourths. We used 3 tubes of dough for our 6 family members.
- Form the dough into a ball and roll out flat. Top one side with sauce, toppings and cheese. Fold in half and pinch the sides together.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes, or until the bread is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before eating.
- The inside will be extremely hot!
Home Maid Simple https://www.homemaidsimple.com/
Personally I love the Parmesan & Romano sauce, but what Sauce would you choose?
$1 off Classico family favorites when you buy two jars