We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
I’ve been going through my Taste of Home magazines, trying to pare them down a bit. It’s not often I find a keeper, but this one I’ve already made at least once a week for a month. We love it! Pork and Egg Hash can be made with any of your favorite meat, we just have preferred it with pork.Oh, did I ever tell you about my pan? It was a Christmas present from Mark, and I just love it! BEST PAN E.V.E.R. It’s huge, with nice tall sides, but not tall enough to make it a pot. Oh I just love this thing. It’s so pretty.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage*
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- Remove from pan and let drain on paper towels.
- Saute the onion in the bacon drippings until tender.
- Add the sausage, potatoes, and oil. Cover and cook on medium heat until sausage is cooked through, and potatoes are tender.
- Add the peas, corn, salt and pepper.
- Make 4 wells in the hash, and add an egg into each.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until eggs are firm
- While the hash is cooking, crumble the bacon.
- Top hash with crumbled bacon and serve.
- Also good with chicken and beef in place of the pork sausage.