We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
*I received products for review. All opinions are 100% my own and Mark’s*
Ever since I’ve known Mark he’s had a thing for facial hair. I grew up with clean shaven men, so it seemed weird to me when Mark liked to sport around different facial hair styles. One of the first times we hugged, I remember his prickly whiskers tickling my neck. I remember just laughing at how they felt.
Well over the years, I’ve let him experiment, without too much feedback. We have a saying here “it’s your hair, do what you want with it”. Which means I can cut or grow my hair how I want it, and he can do the same with his, including facial hair. Just check out some of these different styles he’s sported!
Mark has obviously rocked out in some fun styles, and some crazy ones as well. The key for him, is having fun with it, and experimenting. I asked Mark for a few tips to share with you after he also tried out the H30 and H50 Razors from 800razors.com. Here’s what Mark had to say –
– The number of blades doesn’t really matter. You need to find a razor that suits you, and then stick with it. (He found the 3 blade, H30, easier to use, while the 5 blade H50 was too bulky and missed a number of hairs).
– Shaving is all about Moisturizing.
– To avoid razor burn use the right moisturizer, facial or hair conditioner. I personally prefer and use Hair conditioner, and rarely if ever get razor burn.
– Apply the conditioner, then the shaving cream and shave away.
– Remember to have fun with it, and try different experiments. If it doesn’t work out, you can always shave it all off, and regrow.
So to all the Dads out there, if you’ve ever wanted to try growing some facial hair like Seneca Crane (Hunger Games), now you know how an expert facial hair artist gets his looks! Although, ps. Mr Crane’s was painted on…but go ahead, give it a try!
In a post about facial hair, I can’t help but also mention the Man Beard, recently made popular by Duck Dynasty. I am a fan of the show, but cringe every time I see those so called Man Beards. Mark has talked about growing his own Man Beard since we started the show, and I give him our usual response “It’s your hair, you can do what you want…..but don’t expect me to kiss you”.
If you have similar feelings to my own, razors would make a great Fathers Day gift! One thing we do love about the H30 and H50, is their cost comparison. These blades are American made, comparable to the Mach3 and Fusion razors, but for half the cost.
*We received razors from 800razors.com to try out. All thoughts and opinions are 100% our own.