We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Welcome to Weekend Bites! This week we’re featuring delicious recipes for all those berries coming into season.
Visit my co-host Debi at Practical Parenting Ideas
1. Link up your any food related post below
2. Browse the linky, visit some new blogs, and share if you feel so inclined.
3. Please only link up 3 posts. This lets us visit as many of you as possible.
4. By linking up you give me permission to feature your photos on Home Maid Simple (always linking back to you of course!)
5. Each month I send out a newsletter with the most popular links from that month – you may be featured!! This is a once a month newsletter, every first Friday of the month, no spam involved! Sign Up
Black-blue-red-rasp berry. So many berries! I love this time of year when the berries start producing, and our desserts are a little healthier as we toss these delicious berries into just about everything. I made a special 2nd trip to Aldi this week just to get some of the blackberries on a 99cent special. At that price, yes I brought home a whole flat of blackberries. 3 cartons went in the freezer, and 3 went in the fridge. That was yesterday actually, and would you believe the 3 cartons in the fridge are already gone! We had one in our cereal this morning, and I used the other 2 to make this amazing dessert from Frugal Foodie Mama – Blackberry Lemon Almond-Oat Bars.
We had company over for dinner, and it was the perfect way to end a fabulous dinner that my neighbor cooked. Normally I won’t cook something I haven’t tried before, for company, but I couldn’t resist those blackberries. The frozen berries may easily find their way into Mom’s Messy Miracles Blackberry Cake Pops
or as a nice refresher in the mocktail version of this Blackberry Moscow Mule
from My Suburban Kitchen.
Grab a Feature Button!
[inlinkz_linkup id=632776 mode=1]