We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
It’s Easter Weekend! Thanks for joining us on Weekend Bites. Check out the featured Egg Recipes, and then share your favorite recipes from the week
Visit my co-host Debi at Practical Parenting Ideas
1. Link up your any food related post below
2. Browse the linky, visit some new blogs, and share if you feel so inclined.
3. Please only link up 3 posts. This lets us visit as many of you as possible.
4. By linking up you give me permission to feature your photos on Home Maid Simple (always linking back to you of course!)
5. Each month I send out a newsletter with the most popular links from that month – you may be featured!! This is a once a month newsletter, every first Friday of the month, no spam involved! Sign Up
I love Easter Weekend. It’s one holiday that I don’t really stress over too much. Growing up, it was always huge. My aunt usually hosted a church egg hunt for the kids, and a scavenger hunt for the teens. It was quite a crowd in our home that weekend, and plenty of candy was to be had. We would spend the Monday night before dyeing all the eggs – and let me tell you, that was a lot of eggs! See we didn’t just hide plastic eggs, lots of real hard boiled eggs were included. After the egg hunt was over I’d go around trying to see who got the eggs I colored. You know you’ve always got at least one egg you feel especially proud of. If I could locate it, I’d try and finagle a trade – usually for one of the plastic eggs with candy inside.
With all those memories, and realizing I didn’t have to color any eggs this week, I started feeling a bit nostalgic. As always, you all came through for me, and shared a nice variety of egg dishes to feature.
Chocolate Confetti Easter Eggs
from Clean and Scentsible
why yes, I am starting off with a chocolate egg. What a brilliant idea! I can already see it sitting in the kids Easter Baskets.
Eggs to Dye for
from Margarets Morsels
I love how bright these colors are! You’ll have to click over to see what she used.
Hard Boiled Eggs Benedict
from Home Cooking Memories
I love eggs benedict, I never thought to use hard boiled eggs! This is a great way to use all those colored eggs next week.
Greek Egg Benedict
from Lemons for Lulu
In case you want a greek flavor, try egg benedict with a bit of lamb and pita! This is on my try ASAP list.
Sourdough and Sausage Tuscan Egg Bake
from Growing Up Gabel
If you want something easy and flavorful Easter morning, I’d give this a try!
Grab a Feature Button!
[inlinkz_linkup id=618935 mode=1]