We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
It may be the weekend, but now is the perfect time to plan after school snacks for the kids!
Visit my co-host Debi at Practical Parenting Ideas
1. Link up your any food related post below
2. Browse the linky, visit some new blogs, and share if you feel so inclined.
3. Please only link up 3 posts. This lets us visit as many of you as possible.
4. By linking up you give me permission to feature your photos on Home Maid Simple (always linking back to you of course!)
5. Each month I send out a newsletter with the most popular links from that month – you may be featured!! This is a once a month newsletter, every first Friday of the month, no spam involved! Sign Up
A few weeks before Spring Break, I hit that point where the kids were coming home and raiding the pantry because I was too busy trying to keep it all together with work and school, and their schoolwork, and family time, and SLEEP, that I just could not prep an after school snack on top of it all. I sort of felt like I was failing them, but knew it was also OK to not always have something prepped beforehand. Just because my mom did it, didn’t mean I had to.
Now that spring break is behind us, and I was able to recharge family time, and sleep, I feel like I have the time to make them more after school snacks. Browsing Weekend Bites last week led me to these fabulous ideasI know my kids will love. You can’t have a snack without the classic chocolate chip cookie, and these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies from Love to Be In the Kitchen
Yesterday I was thinking about my sister and one of her favorite snacks were cheese crisps. She’s slice some cheese and toss it in the microwave. It would bubble, and you’d think it was dying, but then it would harden into this awesome cheese crisp. When I saw these Parmesan Cheese Crisps on The Parenting Patch
it was like she read my mind.
As a teen, and even now, I love a good chip and dip. My kids have caught me dip handed a number of times and made me share too. There’s just something about that creamy dip with a crunchy chip that is perfect. Sugar, Spice and Family Life
made a mouthwatering BLT Dip I know our whole house would gather around after school.
Not every snack has to be a treat, though. Some like this Banana Carrot Muffin
from Silver Foodie are better for you, and still taste fantastic.
Do you make After School Snacks?
[inlinkz_linkup id=624924 mode=1]