We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
- 1/3 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced open (leave seeds inside)
- 5 cups warm water
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 TBS Cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a food processor or blender, pulverize the rice to a fine powder (we used the blender, and got more of a chunky sand texture). Set aside.
- Blanche the almonds, drain.
- Toast over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine rice, almonds, vanilla bean and 5 cups warm water.
- Cover, and let sit over night.
- Remove the vanilla bean from rice mixture, scrape out the seeds, and add them back in.
- Combine rice mixture, and 2 cups cold water into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add Cinnamon.
- Strain through cheesecloth, or a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Discard leftover rice and almonds.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and 1 cup water.
- Dissolve sugar over medium heat.
- Add to the rice/almond milk.
- Serve over ice.
The kids actually came up with the stands, by stacking our oddly sized couch cushions. Of course the put it right next to the Delimex and Horchata, making the perfect time out break space.
You can find all the ingredients for the Horchata and many different varieties of Delimex at your local Walmart!