We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertisers. All opinions are mine alone. #DelimexFiesta #CollectiveBias
Are you still watching any Basketball? Did your team make it through, or have they been eliminated already? We don’t actually cheer for any one team, but we have a lot of fun letting Dad watch the games while we play around him. Easy snacks and a yummy drink were exactly what we needed to round off our weekend.
I wanted to let Mark relax with the games so I grabbed up some of his favorites – Delimex Taquitos and Tamales!
Grab Your Coupon and save $1 on any 2 Delimex (excluding Fruit Taquitos)
He’s been wanting to make some Horchata at home as well, so we browsed some recipes and then did some experimenting. I’ve not been a fan of this cinnamon drink before, but I actually enjoyed our homemade version. Although a bit time consuming, it is easy to make!
Homemade Horchata is a refreshing cinnamon drink you'll love
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Jasmine Rice
- 1 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced open (leave seeds inside)
- 5 cups warm water
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 TBS Cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a food processor or blender, pulverize the rice to a fine powder (we used the blender, and got more of a chunky sand texture). Set aside.
- Blanche the almonds, drain.
- Toast over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine rice, almonds, vanilla bean and 5 cups warm water.
- Cover, and let sit over night.
- Remove the vanilla bean from rice mixture, scrape out the seeds, and add them back in.
- Combine rice mixture, and 2 cups cold water into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add Cinnamon.
- Strain through cheesecloth, or a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Discard leftover rice and almonds.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and 1 cup water.
- Dissolve sugar over medium heat.
- Add to the rice/almond milk.
- Serve over ice.
Home Maid Simple http://www.homemaidsimple.com/
It was a pretty cloudy weekend, so to keep the kids entertained while we watched some ball, we made our own indoor stadium. A little blue painters tape on the floor, and stacked couch cushions, they were entertained the whole afternoon!
The kids actually came up with the stands, by stacking our oddly sized couch cushions. Of course the put it right next to the Delimex and Horchata, making the perfect time out break space.
You can find all the ingredients for the Horchata and many different varieties of Delimex at your local Walmart!
8 thoughts on “Homemade Horchata for a #DelimexFiesta”
I absolutely need to try making this! :O It's been on my to-make list for so long, and it looks so good! *-*
I love the "home court!" 😀
Thanks Farrah! Horchata has been one of those iffy things for me, but my husband loves it, and this one was a winner in both our books!
Those kiddos are super creative! The home court is so cute. I've never had Horchata before, it sounds delicious. I'm excited to try it! #client
Yes my kids are very creative! You'll have to try the Horchata and let me know what you think.
I tried making this once and it was awful. I had the same trouble with the blender's texture and then I didn't know about needing to strain it so it was just a goopy gritty mess to drink. Going to try it again now.
oo yeah, you'll definitely want to strain it!
Wow the kids look like they were having such a blast!
I’ve heard of horchata before and wondered what it was. This sounds great! Your kiddos are cute! 🙂