We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Summer is a time for celebrating. Make this Summer Celebration Cake from Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag for a low calorie, low sugar dessert option. This post is sponsored. I received compensation in the form of product and a gift card. All opinions are my own.
Summer is a time of parties and vacation, and backyard get-togethers full of food and fun. It’s easy to eat your fill of sugary desserts and drinks. I know I tend to eat a lot more ice cream during the warmer months. It’s easier to lose track of health goals, in favor of “just one more dessert.”
Thanks to Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag we can now enjoy our desserts with less sugar and calories. Extracted from the sweet leaves of the Stevia plant, Stevia In The Raw® is a no-calorie sweetener that measures cup for cup with sugar, with no measuring conversion needed. That means Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag is formulated so that 1 cup of Stevia In the Raw® equals the same sweetness as 1 cup of sugar.
Now, sugar does a great job at helping baked goods rise and brown, so In The Raw® suggests only replacing half the sugar with its Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag. So, if a recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, you would swap out 1/2 cup of sugar for 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag. When making this cake, there is still some sugar, but the Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag helps reduce the calories and cuts the sugar in half. I love that!
When I first looked over this Celebration Cake recipe I was a little skeptical. I’m used to using Ricotta Cheese in lasagna and stuffed shells – never anything sweet. It had to be worth the try, though, because it looked so beautiful.
Now to be completely fair, this cake got a lot of mixed reactions. Our 2 pickiest eaters ate their whole slice and were begging for more. Some kids weren’t a fan of the filling, while others loved the filling but didn’t care so much for the cake part of this Celebration Cake. Of course, everyone loved the berries and those were picked clean.
Unfortunately for some, the cake was completely off limits due to a nut allergy with the addition of almonds. For him, I set aside a bowl of the filling and made some Mango Lemonade. The great thing about it was I could also use the Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag in the Lemonade too. Once a drink full of sugar and empty calories became a delightfully sweet drink of fruit juice and water. Since Lemonade doesn’t need any baking I was able to replace all of the sugar with Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag. Does life get any better than that?
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2/3 cup Sugar, divided
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 1 cup finely ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 30oz part skimmed Ricotta
- 3 tsp Vanilla Extract, divided
- 2/3 cup 1% Milk
- 1/3 cup Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag, divided
- 2 1/2 pints Blueberries, divided
- 1/2 pint Whipping Cream
- Blackberries for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Spray the inside of a tube pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 1/3 cup of sugar until stiff and shiny. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon colored.
- Add vanilla and Stevia In The Raw®. Beat 1 minute until blended.
- Combine the ground almonds, cake flour and cornstarch in a bowl and blend well.
- Gently stir flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add egg white mixture. Stir gently until combined.
- Pour batter into your tube pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Invert pan onto wire rack for about 30 minutes or until cake is cool.
- Loosen cake from pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the Ricotta cheese, milk, 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw® and 2 tsp Vanilla.
- Fold 2 pints of blueberries into the mixture.
- Divide the cake into 3 layers.
- Evenly spread the blueberry mixture between each layer.
- In another mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla, and remaining Stevia In the Raw®.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spread a layer of cream across the top of the cake.
- Trim the cake with remaining berries.
One lucky reader will win a Stevia In The Raw® Bakers Bag and $25 Visa Gift Card. Enter on the form below. Open to US readers 18+ Ends 7/10/17