We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Are you so excited? I am. I just love Thanksgiving. All the food and a day to completely relax with family. I really don’t think there is anything better than that. So, I have had a little fun whipping up some recipes for you to take to your feast.
This particular cheesecake started out as an idea to combine pecan pie and pumpkin pie into a cheesecake, but it slowly morphed into no pecans and a little caramelizing.
- 1 pkg graham crackers
- 1 TBS sugar
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 1/2 pkg cream cheese
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- For the crust, crush the graham crackers.
- Min in the sugar.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Place in a 9 inch pie plate and bake for 11 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and egg until well blended.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Add pumpkin puree to one half of the batter.
- Pour the cream cheese batter into the crust.
- Swirl the pumpkin batter on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Let the cheesecake cool for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Caramelize the sugar with either a butane torch or a few minutes under the broiler.