We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
That’s when I pulled out my mom’s Banana Bread recipe and decided to make a few alterations – like adding some cocoa – and created a Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread.
- 1 1/4 cup Zucchini, shredded - about 1 medium zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 4 eggs
- 4 TBS Cocoa Powder
- 4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 300° F
- In a large bowl combine zucchini, sugar, shortening, eggs, and cocoa.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Combine well.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Separate and spread batter into the pans.
- Optional - top with crushed walnuts.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Add walnuts to one zucchini loaf and please both nut lovers and non.
Of course, not everyone enjoys chocolate in their bread. I have my days where I prefer a healthier zucchini bread too. If that’s you try this Zucchini Bread recipe.
What’s your favorite way to eat Zucchini?