We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
- Shepherds Pie
- Meat and potato stews
- full breakfast, or “fry up”
- 1 pint water
- 2 cups cooked chopped Pork Roast
- 12 Pork Sausage links
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 medium-small Russet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a medium pan, bring the water to a boil. Add the pork roast and sausages. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the sausage is no cooked through.
- Meanwhile cut the onion into 8 chunks and place in a deep roasting pan.
- Wash and slice the potatoes and add to the onion.
- Spoon the meat out of the water and add to the roasting pan as well.
- Pour enough of the water from the cooked meat over the coddle just enough to cover.
- Top with the parsley. Cover with a piece of buttered parchment paper, and the lid.
- Bake for 1-2 hours or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve warm with Soda Bread.
Next Month we’re visiting: United Kingdom. This can include recipes from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
[inlinkz_linkup id=380852 mode=1]