We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Are you a butter lover? I am. I love a good piece of bread spread with lots of yummy butter. Some things we really should eat in moderation though.
Growing up I lived in a duplex with my Aunt and Uncle on one side, and us on the other. Every Saturday morning we would head to my Aunts kitchen for pancakes and waffles. While my Aunt took shape orders for pancakes, my Uncle taught me how to spread butter on a waffle so it would penetrate every hole. Oh the deliciousness!
Then one day, my Uncle no longer ate butter. With high cholesterol he had to start finding alternatives. I couldn’t imagine having to replace butter with something that wasn’t the real stuff, until recently. As an adult I am a little more aware of health concerns and just how bad some foods can be if you are high risk.
So I’ve been trying to find better ways to feed my family an keep us healthy. I heard about Star Butter Oil, and wondered if it would be a good alternative for actual butter when cooking. It took me a little to find it, but there it is was on the top shelf in Walmart with the other oils.
I have been having so much fun in the kitchen replacing butter with the Butter Flavored Olive Oil. It has been amazing! I kid you not, I never thought a butter replacement could be just as good, or in some cases even better then butter. A few things I have tried so far include
- Scrambled eggs. Mark loves his eggs scrambled in melted butter. Without telling him, I used the butter flavored olive oil. He loved it, and didn’t even suspect my sneaky exchange.
- Grilling meat and veggies. I normally use EVOO to grill on the stove top. Since using Star butter Olive Oil, I don’t think I’ll go back. When you get comments like “Wow that smells amazing” and all you’ve done is toss some onions in the oil, you know you have a winner.
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich. We all make these right? You slather the bread with butter, add some cheese, maybe ham, if you are feeling fancy, and then you get one of the best lunches in history.
- Herb Dinner Rolls were my latest butter and Olive Oil exchange that turned out beautifully. I hardly had time to get photo’s my family has been all over them!
- Check out these awesome recipes for more ways to use the Star Butter Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Warm Water
- 1 TBS Yeast
- 7 cups Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup STAR Butter Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- Combine butter, sugar, salt, water, and yeasr in mixing bowl. Let sit 10 minutes
- Add 3 cups flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the rest of the flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead dough for 15 minutes
- Place in a greased bowl, cover and let rise 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Shape into rolls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Place in baking pan, cover and let rise 1 hour, or until doubled
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes
- Combine STAR butter oil and herbs in small bowl.
- Brush on rolls while still warm.
- Serve and Enjoy!