We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
After indulging in my Nachos made for dinner, head on over to my cohost Diane for some delicious looking Carrot Chickpea Soup!
Mark has requested a few more manly type meals. In truth he doesn’t request much, but he came home one day with a bag of chips and a #10 can of Nacho sauce. The challenge was on!
He of course only expected chips, cheese, salsa and sour cream. He was not expecting what he came home to – a high pile of chips, shredded chicken, beans, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, sour cream and guacamole.
I could not in good conscience serve my family nachos as a meal. Unless of course I found a way to balance it with a slightly more healthy take. This my friends, this was good. I even had some as leftovers for lunch one day.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Wildtree Fajita Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cheese sauce, divided
- 1 avocado
- 1 TBS Wildtree guacamole mix
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- sour cream dollops
- Place the chicken, fajita seasoning and water in your crockpot on high for 3-4 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through, use forks to shred the chicken. Set it aside.
- On a large baking sheet (a 9x13 baking dish would also work well) spread out half of the tortilla chips. Spread half of the chicken, and half of the pinto beans on top of the chips. Pour 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce over the first layer. Repeat the layer of chips, chicken, beans and cheese.
- Place your nachos in a 350 degree oven (can be preheated or not), for 30 minutes. While the nachos are heating up, cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit and peel. Mash the avocado with a fork, and stir in the guacamole mix. Place in fridge.
- Remove Nachos from oven. Top with tomatoes, green onions, and dollops of sour cream and guacamole. Enjoy!
9 thoughts on “Nachos – Made for Dinner”
We have nachos quite often, one of our favs. Thanks for hosting another week, enjoy!!
I see you were able to sneak some healthy veggies into the manly nachos… How great you have rhubarb growning.
Well, chips and cheese just won't cut it for me 🙂 I was and am so very excited about the rhubarb.
You had me at nachos………
Irresistible nachos! Glad I could join your party again!
Thanks so much for coming by! These were pretty awesome.
Nachos look great! Thank you for hosting. Have a lovely day!
Nachos as dinner? Interesting enough to make me wanna make them the next day but looking at the ingredients, it may take me a while to find & gather them. Guacamole mix & Fajita Seasoning sounds Greek to me *yikes* since I cooks mainly Chinese dishes. Its time I venture out of my comfort zone~ Thanks for linking up and sharing this recipe~
The guacamole you can easily make at home with avocados, and salsa. Just mix and mash 🙂 I have the mix on hand, which is why I used it. I'm sure if you looked up fajita seasoning online you could find a simple mix with ingredients you may already have at home.
Thanks for much for coming by!