We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Yes that is a coconut on a miter saw. Since we were going to be putting our smoothie inside the coconut shell, we wanted some pretty flat bottoms, and smooth edges. To be honest I’m sure there is an easier way (like the ways suggested on wikihow), but I let my husband have his fun. Plus we got some awesome coconuts out of it.
We were ready to party with all that food, but we still need some family. I was telling my friend about the party, and she jumped on our bandwagon and had her husband blow us up some balloon animals. Definitely a highlight for any party with kids are the balloons. Just check out the birds, snakes, monkeys, elephants and of course, Baloo!
We added some Jungle flair to our party by hanging dark green crepe paper around the television. It really gave the feeling of watching it in the Jungle!
- 4 whole coconuts
- 3 frozen bananas
- 8 oz pineapple (or 1 cup)
- 2 15oz can papaya chunks (if you can find fresh, even better!)
- 1/2 cup Honeydew Melon chunks
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup apple juice
- Drill 3 holes in your coconuts and drain out the milk. You can save this to use in your smoothie - we used a can of coconut milk.
- Use your preferred method to open your coconut. We used a miter saw to smooth out the bottoms so they wouldn't roll around, and then sliced 1/2 inch off the tops. Rinse well.
- Take your remaining ingredients and toss in your blender.
- Blend until smooth. You may need to do this step in 2 batches to fit in your blender.
- Pour smoothie into the coconut shells.
- Add a straw and enjoy.