We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I have a confession to make – I’m not at all organized. Really, I’m not. The whole point of this blog, when I started it a little over 3 years ago was to help me get organized. We were living in a small apartment with 3 kids, had just moved from a lot of our friends, and I needed some get up and go. So I blogged about it.
Now granted my blogging has come along way since then, and I do believe my home looks better than it did during those days of clutter – I’m still not very organized. I want to be though. So very badly, both in my home, and in my life.
I have found that the best way to organize my home, is to organize my life. If I wake up in the morning, and don’t have a clue on what I plan to do that day – then I’m not going to get much of anything done. BUT if I wake up early (because I like mornings), read my scriptures, and have a set plan for the rest of the day, then I do get stuff done. Lots of stuff usually.
As a homemaker, we wear many hats.
- Party planner
On top of that, if you work another job that actually pays you something, you’ve got one more item in your day to manage. You could hire a maid or personal chef…but let’s get real, most of us probably don’t have the money to do that. We do it all, but sometimes it can get overwhelming right? I know I”m not alone here.
I love using my Daily Planner to organize my days. When I have a clear plan of what I need to get done each day, month, year – it usually gets done. In the Home Makers Friend planner, you’ll find a place for everything you need to do.
- Yearly – mark up birthdays, anniversaries, vacations
- Monthly – plan out your month in advance here. When are bills due, soccer games, dance class, doctors visits.
- Weekly – a little more space to write times things need to be done, a menu plan for each day, perhaps which chores need to get done that day. Really plan out your day to the minuscule tasks.
- Info – this has space for contact info – doctors, school, husbands work, friends.
- Tasks and Projects – plenty of space to write out your lists, plan parties, any thoughts you may need to write down can go here, instead of on a scrap of paper you know is going to get lost.
- Shopping! Yep, there’s even a place for your shopping lists. Kids need new clothes? Out of milk? start your list here, and then take it to the store with you. There is also an area to write down store numbers, so you can save time and money from driving around to different stores.
How will a Daily Planner help you?
1 lucky reader will win a combo set of the Home Makers Friend 2014 and 2015 Daily Planner!
Open to US readers 18+
All entries will be verified.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com
. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.