We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Welcome back to Weekend Bites! School is out and I’m ready for a good old cookout! This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you lick through and purchase.
Visit my co-host Debi at Practical Parenting Ideas
1. Link up your any food related post below
2. Browse the linky, visit some new blogs, and share if you feel so inclined.
3. Please only link up 3 posts. This lets us visit as many of you as possible.
4. By linking up you give me permission to feature your photos on Home Maid Simple (always linking back to you of course!)
5. Each month I send out a newsletter with the most popular links from that month – you may be featured!! This is a once a month newsletter, every first Friday of the month, no spam involved! Sign Up
Now, I’ve always called a backyard get together that includes the grill a Barbecue. Talking with a friend here, I learned that around Indiana, and I’m guessing other states as well, they’re usually called a CookOut. Barbecue is reserved for a cookout where actual barbecue is served. It makes sense you know. I’ll still probably invite people over for a BBQ, and serve up hot dogs and burgers, and hopefully no one will realize that there isn’t any actual BBQ.
Looking through your recipes last week I realized just how excited I am to host some cookout’s this summer. The kids are officially out of school, today being there first full day home. It’s been pretty decent, but it was also Mark’s day off. So we’ll see how tomorrow goes, but we’re ready to invite friends over and enjoy some classic backyard foods. If you want to go with a traditional Barbecue, you can try this delicious looking BBQ Rub
from the Country Chic Cottage. For those more inclined to burgers and dogs, this Smokehouse BBQ Burger
from Delightful E Made looks fabulous, and stuffed with goodness!
You can’t forget the sides and desserts! Any good cookout will have homemade Coleslaw
, and Little House Living shared an easy recipe for it. The Coconut Creme Ice Pops
from Simply Stacie will wrap up dessert and a hot summer day perfectly.
How will YOU enjoy summer? Tell me in a comment.
Grab a Feature Button!
[inlinkz_linkup id=636163 mode=1]