We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
It’s all about the pumpkins this season. If you have a family party to go to coming up, this Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge Bundt Cake would be the perfect dessert to bring. Covered in a Pumpkin Glaze, you’ll please every pumpkin spice lover out there.
In this house, we’re a little mixed on the pumpkin spice craze. Mark loves a good pumpkin cake, but I could easily go without this seemingly favorite fall treat. I’m perfectly OK adding pumpkin to other delicious treats, though. Desserts like Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge Bundt Cake.
Now, I really had no reason to make a cake this week, other then I hadn’t baked much for a while. The kids have probably been feeling a tad deprived of their after-school treats as I usually sent them to the kitchen for a cup of water or a handful of carrots. The situation needed to be rectified.
Mark had the day off, so we decided it would be a good day to carve pumpkins after school with the kids and enjoy some Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge Bundt Cake. In Mark’s words “It is good, delicious, delectable, a perfect combination.”
I originally thought I’d frost the cake with an orange frosting, but as I got going decided a Pumpkin Glaze would enhance the flavors more. Of course, an orange frosting would allow for a fun jack o’lantern fall look, you really ought to try the pumpkin glaze. All it takes are 2 simple ingredients! Some powdered sugar and Torani Pumpkin Pie sauce.
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 3/4 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Lard
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 2.5 oz Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Pumpkin Glaze
- 1 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 10 TBS Torani Pumpkin Pie Spice Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add water, lard, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add in pumpkin and melted chocolate. Continue mixing until full combined.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Pour cake mix into pan, and bake for 40-45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Pumpkin Glaze
- Whisk together powdered sugar and pumpkin sauce until desired consistency. Pour over cooled bundt cake.