We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #EatMoreBites
We wanted to go hiking over Memorial Day Weekend, so I wanted to have something to keep the kids energy up, but that they wouldn’t complain about either. We headed to Walmart to pick up ingredients for our own trail mix. I could not resist grabbing a couple bags of TWIX Bites to toss in the mix. I had to reach way back in the shelf, since everyone else seems to like TWIX as much as I do.
I almost grabbed some UNO too…but remembered we already have it.
Now in case that picture of shelves and shelves of candy has you running to the store before you get down to the recipe….WAIT. Grab one of these coupons first!
Or head to Coupons.com and grab one of these offers
Save $0.50 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 2oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®.
Save $2.00 Off any two (2) MARS Brand Bites, 6oz. or larger. Includes TWIX®, 3 MUSKETEERS®, MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel, MILKY WAY® & SNICKERS®.
TWIX Bites Trail Mix
Up your trail mix with TWIX Bites and Chocolate Covered cereal.
Write a review
- 4 cups corn square cereal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate peanut butter
- 1 TBS butter
- 1/8 tsp Almond extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered craisins
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 cup roasted garlic rye chips
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 2 6oz bags TWIX Bites
- 1/4 sunflower nuts
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries
- Combine the peanut butter, butter and almond in a small bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds on high.
- Pour over corn square cereal and mix until all the cereal is coated.
- In a paper bag, combine chocolate covered cereal and powdered sugar.
- Close the bag and shake until well powdered.
- Pour cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss like a salad.
- Divvy into individual servings and head outside for some summer fun.
Home Maid Simple https://www.homemaidsimple.com/
We ended up driving up the Uinta Mountains to get to Cascade Springs for our hike. It’s so beautiful up there, but there was a sign asking us not to bring food onto the trail. So after the hike the kids were thrilled to have a chocolatey treat. I’m pretty sure all the TWIX Bites were picked out first while the peanuts were mostly handed back to me…
Really I think she was saying “Mom just let me eat it!!” After chasing Princess R around the springs, I know all I really wanted was to grab my bag of mix and eat it.
Where will you take TWIX Bites Trail Mix this summer?