We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
*This post is sponsored by Sandwich Thins®, Pocket Thins® and Bagel Thins ®. They provided me with coupons and a gift card to try the products mentioned. All thoughts are my own*
I was so excited when I heard about Bagel thins, Sandwich thins, and Pocket Thins. The gears in my head started turning, as I dreamed up this bagel sandwich with ham, asparagus, eggs and hollandaise sauce. I could practically taste it before I ever bought the ingredients.
Then I started thinking about the Sandwich and Pocket Thins, and I was brought back to my childhood. I remember my mom stuffing sprouts into a pita pocket with my ham and cheese. I thought it was the best thing ever. I haven’t put sprouts on my sandwiches in forever, so I knew I was creating a treat to take me back home.
Unfortunately I couldn’t locate the Pocket Thins in any of my local stores *sad face*, so I decided to make do with the Sandwich Thins. These are great because they contain zero grams trans fat, are cholesterol free, and have no high fructose corn syrup. Plus my favorite thing about them is their thinness. I mean I love sandwiches, but sometimes the bread takes over from being able to taste all the other yummy goodness, am I right?
I hope you enjoy my adult version of my childhood favorite!
Start by gathering all your ingredients:
- Sandwich Thins: Healthy Multi-grain Rolls
- Stonemill Kitchens Artichoke & Parmesan
- Deli meat – whatever your preference is
- shredded cheddar
- shredded Romaine
- sliced tomatoes
- Alfalfa Sprouts
I was a little worried pulling the top and bottom apart, but they came apart very easily. Next spread 1 tsp of the Artichoke Parmesan on the bottom half.
Add sliced tomato, followed by your choice of deli meats. I used Honey Turkey and Chicken.
It’s looking so yummy! At this point, layer with shredded lettuce and cheese – as little or as much as you desire.
Now you’re ready for the finishing touch, and highlight of the sandwich – Alfalfa Sprouts (or whatever sprouts you prefer). Be generous.
Top with the other half of the Sandwich Thin, and then sit down, and really enjoy.
Sandwich Thins and Pocket Thins come in a variety of flavors including
100% Whole Wheat, Healthy Multi-grain, Honey Wheat, Flax & Fiber
Ready for the next Sandwich? This one uses Thomas Bagel Thins. It wasn’t until I pulled the mix for the Hollandaise sauce out that I realized my idea wasn’t that original. I was making basically Eggs Benedict. When I researched what exactly Eggs Benedict was though, I came across a list of variations. My sandwich wasn’t exactly any of the variations either, so I combined two to give this sandwich it’s name – Oscar Eggs Benedict.
This was some serious yum. It was hours later and I could still taste the melding flavors from this deliciousness. I hope you enjoy.
Oscar Eggs Benedict
Write a review
- 1 Plain Bagel Thin (they also come in 100% Whole Wheat, Cinnamon Raisin, and Everything)
- 1 slice of Ham
- 3 Asparagus Spears
- 1 egg
- Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce
- Stonemill Kitchens Artichoke Parmesan
- Garlic Pepper
- Open your Bagel Thin and spread 1 TBS Artichoke Parmesan on the bottom half. Set aside
- Heat 1 TBS Olive Oil in a medium frying pan.
- Break the Asparagus Spears in half and add to the oil.
- Sprinkle with a dash of Garlic Pepper.
- Fry for about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus, and set aside.
- Break your egg into the pan, and add the slice of ham as well.
- Fry your egg however you desire. I prefer a soft yolk, but others don't. If you want it more Benedict traditional, poach your egg. I was going for quick and easy.
- Meanwhile cook the Hollandaise sauce according to package instructions. Or make your own - The Pioneer Woman's recipe looks pretty simple.
- Place the ham on the Bagel Thin, top with asparagus, egg, and Hollandaise sauce.
- Add bagel top and enjoy.
Home Maid Simple http://www.homemaidsimple.com/
Serve with a Fresh Fruit Smoothie for an extra burst of yummy.
Thomas Bagel Thins are 110 calories and cholesterol free.
These along with the Sandwich and Pocket Thins are only 3 Weight Watchers Points – as for adding the rest of the ingredients, I couldn’t tell you what the points are.
1 winner will receive a $25 Visa gift card and Free Product Coupon. Plenty to make both of these sandwiches!
Open to US residents only. Enter on Rafflecopter.