We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
Basically a cheese sandwich. I know it doesn’t sound all that new, but trust me it is! I found the recipe first on Mangia Bene Pasta. I really enjoyed browsing her recipes, and learning a little more about traditional Italian food. I kept coming back to the Mozzarella en Carrozza though, because my parents recently told me about this new Gourmet Cheese Sandwich shop that they visited.
Normally my cheese sandwiches consist of buttered bread and Cheddar cheese, sometimes a slice of ham. This sandwich is so much more though! It’s just as easy to make, giving you a new lunch option.
- 6 slices Bread
- Mozzarella Cheese - make it as cheesy as you want
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk egg with salt and pepper.
- Place slices of the mozzarella between 2 slices of bread.
- Dredge sandwich through milk, then flour, then egg.
- Carefully place in frying pan.
- Cook until golden, then flip and cook the other side. It takes no longer than 1 minute per side.
- Eat alone, or dip in some marinara sauce.
[inlinkz_linkup id=369590 mode=1]