We may earn money from the companies or products mentioned in this post.
- 2 lbs plums, any variety
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
- Slice and pit plums.
- Place the sliced plums in a medium to large pot, and heat over medium/low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar and continue heating for another 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it, and stir frequently to keep it from sticking and burning to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and blend to make a more smooth butter.
- Place plum butter back in pan and heat for another 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Once the "butter" sticks to the spoon, it's ready to either can or freeze.
- You can skip the blending, but you'll have good sized chunks of the plum peel. I prefer mine a little more smooth.
- I used my 8 oz Ball Freezer cups, and filled three, then put a small gravy pitcher in the fridge for immediate use.
[inlinkz_linkup id=309255 mode=1]